R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Novak Brusless System
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2006, 05:06 AM
zacabrandy
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drewdc90
Hi zacabrandy I know of the problems you are talking about, I only finished two races (one heat and one final) at the Qld's because of thermals. Since then I have bought a motor cooler like the much more one. I tested this motor cooler today and my motor came off the track at 54 degrees C when it usually thermals or comes off at 70 degrees C. I think this is the only way to fix it as well as running as I do. Hope you don't run into any problems, it is a great system, it just runs too hot here in Aus.
Drew.
Thanks mate,

Are you talking about those Peltier coolers that we used at the Qld's prior to putting the cars on the track?

If so I'm not sure whether the guy's have been using thses things, I know they have been playing with the stuff Andy Cooke was using, the freeze spray his pit guy was spraying just before the start, but they we all still thermalling at Brendale today.

It's got me buggered how easy it is to fail. I guess Novak are working on a fix for the problem, I just hope they do it quickly and inexpensively.

Thanks again for your help mate, Ill let them now to give that a shot. Can't hurt right

Cheers