R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Do we need an RC "Car of Tomorrow" class?
Old 10-13-2006, 11:37 PM
maxepower
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation Backwards to the Future?

Why is it everybody thinks the future of cars is about restrictions and limits.

This makes no sense. Remember when Nascar only ran speeds of a little over 100 mph. Now look they reach in excess of 200mph. Then what do they do, they add restrictor plates, slow everybody down and have all the cars go the same speed then watch the carnage. I understand they want to keep racers from getting killed but more drivers have a potential of getting in accidents because of too close of racing, by hitting each others bumpers to push the car in front of you. So really restrictions didn't reduce the risk of accidents but actually increased it! Hey, I know fans that are disappointed if they don't see any accidents at a race. Is that what it's come to? It's all about entertainment for the spectators?
I think the future of RC cars is more about getting the same rush you get from the real thing. Go faster, brake harder and push the limits of the cars traction around the corners to where they are on two wheels! Now that's a rush!
Challenge the designers and engineers to make RC cars faster and react more like the real thing! Don't go backwards and slow everything down! If that happens watch what happens to the hobby! It will slow down right with it!
Dudes!
It's all about the need for speed!!