R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Where are the ROAR New Approvals?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 12:14 PM
bvoltz
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EddieO
Well, noobies concern me too......as I do own a track, a very large and expensive one....

A lipo does nothing to stop a noob from staying or leaving the hobby.......they require special chargers and are pretty pricey compared to NIMH counterparts....
"they require special chargers and are pretty pricey compared to NIMH counterparts..." WHAT!!!!! man you have got tell where I can charge from that is less costly then a LiPo charger...

Brushless, the maintenance thing is a decent arguement.....but again, if we can't teach them to rebuild a simple electric motor.....how are we going to teach them to rebuild the car itself....costs a little more, but thats mainly from people convinced they need to replace the brushes in their motor every run at a club race....
That is what you are in business for, to provide a motors to me... I really doubt that Tony Stewart builds his motors (PS> I did race Go-karts with him... most people bought the motors. In our case Comet Kart Sales, provide them to us all day long. While Tony ran in Juior class. I ran in the senior class.)

Over 15 years in this hobby.....and I can tell you, people who quit and blame things typically would of quit anyways.....some people just lose interest because they find something else that interest them more......brushless motors and lipos won't stop it....

Later EddieO
The question is why did they lose interest....