R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Which one will u get? Trinity's new Discharger or MM CTX-D2
Old 10-13-2006, 03:13 AM
jakeburns
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Anyways this is the big question. If there wasn't a set of leads connected to every connection, how does it give me per cell voltage reading? Someone please educate me because I thought that if the cells are discharged and measured individually, there should be a separate lead for each battery contact. Instead, I found only certain contacts connected only.
If i guess this correctly, you will have 1 wire connected to the plus and one to the negative, the other wires will be connected to what is effectively the battery bar between each of the others cells. So, when the discharger wants to check the voltage of each cell it does it in series, swapping the polarity of the wires to suit the cell it wants to monitor.

Have a look at the diagram, to check the status of cell A, use wires 1 and 2, to check cell B use wires 2 and 3, to check cell C use wires 3 and 4, etc..

So, i think thats why they don't need 12 wires, 2 to each cell, the computer chip programming sorts out the polarities and works it all out???
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	battery.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	174992