R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pancar?
Thread: Pancar?
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 08:13 PM
Joel Lagace
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Iceracer
The momentum has swung so far in favor of TC's that it would be very difficult to bring back 1/10 pancar. When I walk into our three local hobby shops, what do they sell for on road? Touring cars. You can't even buy tires for pan cars locally. Whether its the chicken or the egg, its an uphill battle to get it restarted. 1/12 pancar is still active in our club, but 1/10 is not. Bandwagon effect. And if I ran a local hobby shop, why would I stock something that doesn't sell.

Never mind pan 12th or TC, My 3 local hobby shops are full of RTR offroaders! They sell Touring cars, each of the 3 shops used to specialize in one brand each, Xray at one,Shumacher and HPI at the other 2... But our biggest hurdle really guys is not about 12th vs TC but BAshers vs racers. WE need to turn hobby shop customers into racers... Every club suffers from it im sure, the hardest thing about being in a club is keeping it running and keeping new members coming. Im willing to bet that at my favorite shop then sell 99% RTR offroad and about 1% to actual onroad racers.