R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Drift Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 10:35 AM
wrxnfx
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

In the past, I tried experimenting with suspension settings on my Pro4. I was able to get it to drift better with some lighter oil, softer springs, & a tightened rear diff, but it still couldn't keep up with the TL01's. That's the reason as soon as I stopped rallying with my TL01, I changed it into a drifter. It really seems like a traction issue with my Pro4, Evo IV, & TA03R. I'm beginning to wonder if these cars would just have to be dedicated drift cars if I want to use them for drifting as the setup would be drastically different from grip racing. It's really starting to sound like it.

As for droop, I did start thinking about the droop setting as possibly playing a factor along with some additional camber. I'm running 2 degrees of camber right now and one of my friends suggested going with 3 degrees.

Thanks for all you input! It's really starting to make me realize what it will have to take to get these cars to drift well with ABS. I think I'm going to have to stick to my TL01 for now. I was trying to get rid of it, but it drifts too well and can grip race well without changing any of my suspension setup.