R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pancar?
Thread: Pancar?
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 04:32 AM
Joel Lagace
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Then lets move forward, we established the cost savings over the long haul... Now lets promote or grow the class.

Cost is always a funny issue(this is a side rant) The same guys in any class the complain about costs are often the guys with the most toys and least driving skills, im a beleiver in spec racing personally. The hobby in general needs to help guys with reality checks. Just because chassis brand xyz drops a new chassis every 6 to 12months does not mean we have to have it. ITs a tuff topic cuz companies want to make money and everyone wants the newest gear, but its often fustrating to watch local club racers blame there lack of success on the track on there lack of bleeding edge cells and chassis. I see it time and time againt that guys that acutally pracitce and work on there cars do well all the time without buying new cars every 6-12 months. Anyway this off the pan car topic but its a general hobby issue that bugs me. The image of RC right now is buy buy buy and release release release. Maybe if more magazines dedicated pages to show racers how to race withing there budgets or show that a car does race competativly for more then 6 months we could keep racers that have brain washed themselves into thinking they are slow because they dont have...... the newest gear.

I remember back in the day racing oval. There was never the desire to be buying new cars like today, im guilty im adicted to rc and always want the latest, but i realize there has to be a balance. WE can have it all. The biggest thing back in the day was having good battereis and motors, i honestly did not drool over new hopups and chassis back then, perhaps it was the lack of the internet? LOL ITs funny how now we get a glimpsof new chassis due out in a month and guys loose there f'n minds roaming the internet looking for the car to release in other countries so they can have it. Getting mad that they cant have it yesterday. We live in a different world then we did when pan cars ruled the rc world

I actually really miss our short track oval we used to race on 3-4 second laps was kool