R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pantoura, 1/10 Pan Car, 2S LiPo, Brushless, Tips and Tricks.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:28 AM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

TallyRC-Thanks. I could measure the deflection at the bottom of my side dams as they got wear marks from the ground. I had trimmed them shorter previously. They got new wear marks in the last session even though they are 3/4 inch off the ground. I agree that those molded in side dams should produce quite a bit stiffer body than the bolt on ones. Now if my bolt on ones were longer like on my Stilletto, it would stiffen the body

YYHayyim. I have noted some of those differences in previous posts. I'll summarize here. Lap times are about 1.25 seconds faster with the wide car. Speed at the end of the straight is slightly faster with the narrow car. The body of the narrow car is quite a bit stiffer so it gave me less trouble on the high speed track. I have resolved this problem on the wide car now and am awaiting a new test today. The narrow car was hooked up better on the sweeper. The wide car is faster in the infield. The wide car spins slower so you can recover from some spins easier. The wide car is easier to drive on medium traction conditions, but surprisingly harder to drive than the narrow car on high traction conditions. This could be because my sparring partner was faster though, or that my body was giving me trouble. I spun out many times with the wide car and spun very little with the narrow car when the track was treated. I am still learning and setting up the wide car. It was a slightly different track treatment.
John

Last edited by John Stranahan; 10-09-2006 at 05:55 PM.