R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Corally SP12X
Thread: Corally SP12X
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 03:57 AM
pete_slim
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by teo
My kit did not come with any setup sheets, does anybody have a base setup?

F.ex. What tire diameteres should I run? (I'm thinking 43/48mm)
How about the screws on the t-bar, are those to limit the sideways/rotational movement of the rear-pod?
Thanks!
I run 43/48mm front/rear tyres so that is a good point to go for (if you can bear the fact of truing down to that)..

I screw the tbar screws so that they are 'only just' touching (if not the thickness of a cigarette paper off the chassis).

They helpt o set the cars repsonse at changing directions.
-screw them down hard and the car will be like a dart through the chicanes but will be really twitchy.
- leave them out and the car may lift an inside wheel and may feel ok, but will be more 'lethargic' through the twisties....

------
One thing to note is that the tube dampers may need modifying slighly to allow the air to escape when you put in some syrup.

The screws may need chopping which will itself allow the tube dampers to travel further over.

you can alter how well damped the car performs with the T-bar setup by using thicker/thinner syrup to suit your driving style.

-----
Another key point of advice is that I think the length of the centre shock is key to how the car performs and feels.

Have it too long - and give the car lots or rear travel and the car will dive into corners more.. too short and it wont turn in at all,
A longer shock helps over bumps ... A short shock may see the car bottoming out a lot too.

I hope this helps some what. As i havent yet found the 'sweetspot' balance for myself to give you any accurate measrements to start from.

pete