R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 4 cell mod tourer
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 12:22 PM
P-DUB
Tech Fanatic

Longer races will only make the problem worse. They tried it in Japan last year and it was horrible. I remember watching a video from the japan nats and you could hear the cars over-reving all the way down the straight and watching motors break (wires shift, loosing balance, etc). And you think new tires make a difference now

Harder tires; this will only seperate the field further. The faster guys will be even faster and the slower guys will be even slower. Everytime I go to a club race I see so many new racers struggle with traction. They break their car over and over again to the point of frustration and quiting. It's not fun driving a loose race car and this isn't the answer either; although it does help from killing motors....Prime example of this not working is when Losi tried to push the blue off-road tires. After a year of struggling with them, racers stopped supporting any race that used them...That tire pretty much killed one of the biggest races in the world, The Winterchamps in Tampa.

The cars are to fast and something needs to be done! I'm not saying I'm for or against 4-cell, just something needs to be done!!!