R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - nitro tuning question
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 06:00 PM
jbrow1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B0nzz
Although, I would like some more info on the MSN if you have it.
From what I gathered it actually changes the barrel to go from the LSN to the HSN at a different time. Does this mean after I get it to run, sounding good on the top, and running hot, I can adjust the MSN to kick in the HSN later and run the bottom a little fat for cooling? What direction does the MSN need to go say for a longer duration on the LSN
Ca
Again the middle needle and the low speed needle have to be adjusted as a pair if you are going to use it. Personally I wouldn't recommend it myself as just turning two needles is difficult enough to keep track of. Your low speed needle setting also works hand in hand with your idle setting. I would say no you can't really change the middle needle (seat) and run the low speed fat for cooling. Your low end is either fat, lean, or good. If you run a fat low end, it's still gonna be fat on the low no matter where your power band kicks in. If you bash around and drive alot around mid to full throttle your cooling will be mostly done with the high speed needle regardless of where the low or other needles are set. I see what you are getting at but I don't think it'll really work.