R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi XXX-S
Thread: Losi XXX-S
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2001, 12:34 PM
Trips
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I just made a minor modification to my XXX-S and thought it might be interesting enough to post...

I haven't been too happy with the ball and socket joints Losi uses on the ends of the shock shafts, all the ones I've tried have either been so loose that they fall off easily, or so tight that they're bound up. I've tried the washer under the head of the bolt, and while it does keep the link from coming completely off the ball it still allows the link to come partially off and bind.

I picked up a package of Losi turnbuckle ends, cut them to the proper length, then used a 7/64 drill bit to open the hole a bit, then used an old shock shaft with a notch cut into the threads to cut the proper threads into them. The stock spring perch fits just like it was made for it.

I installed a Losi ball stud into each suspension arm where the large steel ball would bolt on.

I think it's an advantage to do it this way over the stock setup... the joint doesn't bind, it won't fall off, and the ball stud is somewhat lighter then the large steel ball, bolt, and washer it replaces. (Okay, maybe not s huge weight reduction, but I'll take any savings in unsprung weight)

Here are a few pics of the finished mod:

Trips