R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 04:00 PM
mini-dub
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I run the complete rubber car with a oneway on carpet all the time until the bite becomes med-high, that's when I switched to the 2.5mm chassis to get rid of some bite. The Mi2EC makes a lot of traction in its stock form, which is why we sometimes struggle on foam. I ran the asphalt towers because that's what I've always run on my rubber car, and on the back of my foam car I even ran the asphalt camber link locations. I've never messed with the carpet tower on rubber. I have raised the front camberlink before on the asphalt tower in some circumstances, such as at the Reedy race I believe I raised the front camber link 2mm to compensate for the lowered diffs. However on my rubber carpet setup apparently that was not necessary, I dont think that car could have been improved.

If you're running stock or 19t on med/high bite, I would run the 2.5mm chassis with aluminum blocks, if you're running mod with the 2.5mm chassis on rubber tires with similar traction you may want to get the plastic blocks which will give you about 2.5º toe in (???, I say this because the plastic blocks on the old car you could get 3º or 1.5º, the aluminum blocks were 2º, and the alum. blocks on the EC carpet spec chassis give you 1.5º, since the plastic blocks with 3º on the old car were 1º more than aluminum....... you get 2.5º toe with plastic blocks on the carpet spec chassis, PHEW!). But if the traction you plan on running on isn't ever close to high bite you can probably just run the 2mm chassis, I think it's easier to setup a car with. If you did need it stiffer you could run the carpet topdeck with the asphalt chassis.

When I went to the stiffer chassis, it was because I expected vegas to be super high bite like most national carpet races are. The traction was only med/high or less, I would have been fine on the 2mm chassis there. When I went to the 2.5mm I lowered all the hinge pins and shock towers to compensate for the thicker chassis. But lowering the shock towers was tedious. So I hope this was long enough to answer everyone questions .