R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - for the cynics - racing a rustler
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 09:10 PM
d4man
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carcrusher46
yet my rustler still had more ground clearance than the stampedes because they were slammed so much.

and we ran on an oval for like 3 weeks. we ran a road course the rest of the season.

how about if you dish out the cash for me to get an equal truck to what you guys have i'll come up to mccullough's and we'll see who the better driver really is. there's a reason i dont' have the top notch equipment - i'm freakin 16 and i can't afford it. i'm not going to waste $600 for a complete race truck when i can win with what i have.

i'd run either 14 or 15 for the pinion on that track.
Are you serious?? I think I could find a friend to loan me a truck. You can run mine and I'll run the borrowed one. You break anything on my truck you pay for it with a refundable deposit BEFORE said race begins, That way you just dont drive it into a tree and smash it all up. You win, you keep my truck, I win, I keep your Rusty.

Never did I say that you where a bad driver but you kind of ask for it with all these boasts of how good you are. If you're good, you dont have to brag about it, people will figure it out.

I learned something along time ago when I used to race quads. I had a 230 quad sport (rusty) and I used to diss Honda 250r's (t4 or MF2) because I couldnt afford one. I did all these mods to my 230 sport (rusty) to make it more like a 250r(t4). In the end, I still had a quad sport(rusty). Finally, one day I saw the light and just bit the bullet and bought a 250r (FT T4). I was glad I did. I am fairly certain once you get past the "first rc car love" you have with your rustler, you'll see the light and get a MF2 or a T4. You work at a hobby shop for gods sake and MF2's and T4s dont cost 600 bucks. I understand the customization factor and all that but by god, you're rusty will never ever come close to handling like a T4 or Mf2. Ever.

There are kids at McCulloughs with less equipment than I have (yes I do have all the bling bling) that beat me week in and week out. Please dont open your mouth because you will be putting your foot in it. McCulloughs is totally different than Smithton or wherever and unless you've run there, are you really sure you could beat me? I run there every week....

No hard feelings....