R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Bore vs Stroke vs Displacement
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 06:58 PM
EdwardN
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello Alfonso.
Actauly I really thanksfull to you and Reiner. I have try many times here in forum find someone who is really interested in our engines, but always was end up by "how to polish ports". Every my attempt end up the same. Now it is really different story-first of all you guys really wanted to understand engines and all parameters which regulate engine perfomance, secondble you do all reasearch work by yourself and just need help on pointing what to look for. I really enjoy it.
Let's keep going this way and after couple of weeks a lot more people will understand how motor works, how to make modding etc.
Next step is ports volume. I am trying now find some info on the web, but so far couldn't find anything yet. Pretty much sure I will.
Alfonco please prepare your self to discover metalurgy principals for piston/ sleeve and crancase-that one will be really hard, but it is important as everything else in engines , don't go there yet, Let's finish with porting.
MugenB46-the height of the ports is dictating time of one or other event (induction, transfer, exhaust). In sertain combination it is dictating power band of of engine. Timing is really dictating where power band will be located (do not discard the rest of the varibles like pipe lenght etc).
Look here is pretty good explanation how our 2 strockers work in general it should help you to understand http://www.vf750fd.com/blurbs/stroke.html