R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 8ight building and setup
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 09:57 AM
Eric Swanson
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 1 Xtreme R/C
I'm building mine right now, I had to pull the fuel line out a little in the tank. My clunk was hiting the back of the tank and not moving freely.

I put the front susspention arms and carriers together last night, both sides bind slighty at the carriers. The first one I put one screw in all the way and then the other. I though that was causing the bind, not haveing the carrier lined up perfectly with the othere side. On the second one I started both screws and tightened them down evenly and it is still not free. I backed the screws off slightly and It didn't free up.

Any body have any ideas on freeing these up, or is it normal. On all the 1/10 scale stuff I have ever built I always try to get the susspention arms to flop freely and drop under their own weight before puting the shocks on.
You can take a small file, and file down the block and spindle ever so slightly right on the surfaces where the two join each other. Also, make sure the hinge pin holes are free of any excess material from the molding process. This should free everything up!!!