R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW XRAY T2
Thread: NEW XRAY T2
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 09:55 AM
protc3
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ottoman
I have seen a few BMI T2 chassis... superb workmanship. I didnt pull the trigger and buy one because the roll center is lowered 1/2 mm from stock... 3mm chassis with bulkheads pocket milled 1mm... from what I am told. Maybe Jason can confirm this?
Anyway my point was you can run the multiflex chassis on carpet and do OK. Now the IIC wasnt high bite but how often does anyone run on real high bite? Even Cleveland last year wasnt high bite.
I am not saying the multiflex chassis is the greatest thing ever, just that it does work on most tracks... but since I race carpet I have a 007 on order
i did lower the bulkheads .5mm over stock for the lower cg.this was what Paul Lemieux asked me for and when he said he liked it better, i decided to offer it to the general public.this did not change the roll center,just the cg.if you lower everything on the car like shock towers,arms and mounts and bulkheads,your roll center stays the same.what you are changing is the center of gravity only.it gives you the same effect as just running a 2mm chassis with added rigidity for carpet.if i was to only lower the bulkheads or only lower the arm mounts,that would be a roll center change.also,from what i have been told,many people had problems at vegas because the bite was much lower than there home tracks so they had to start from scratch on setup.the results from the vegas race is not a good referance for each cars performance capabilities because i do not think we will see low bite like that again.it will be interesting to see how all the new cars run in standard big race conditions.it will show there true performance.