R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - FAST RC WORLDS??????????????
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 12:42 AM
SWTour
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

It's funny in this hobby/sport how some races become HUGE, and others try and can't get off the ground.

Seems to me part of it is hard work, but a bigger part is KNOWING support people, and calling in favors.

Mike Boylan has one of the Best reputations in the RCWorld, as does Scotty Ernst.

I don't know much about Scotty, but I've heard some pretty awesome things about him. With Boylan, he's a great promoter, he's got a great product, etc.

I know when the snowbirds date was moved to February, several people were upset because it stepped on the WINTERBLAST that K&N in Conneticuit held. The birds won that battle in a big way. (Florida in February.. Conneticuit in February...Hmmmm one of them places is COLD~)

Last years IIC, from everything I've heard was WOW. I haven't heard too much about this years yet, but I'll be talking to friends who went this weekend.

I do think it's funny how people say this event failed due to the IIC being too close, and that this race only had 50 entries. I'm sure there are more than 50 racers in Florida alone that did NOT attend the IIC that could have helped make this a bigger race... But, the FAST R/C WORLDS crew isn't "in the click" are they? If they were, their wouldn't be all the negativity about an event NOBODY has ever been to, and that has never happened.

Can you imagine if there was this much negative press about the FIRST IIC last year? With Scotty being involved, I don't think I ever read a single negative thing...