R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Electric On-Road have too many classes?
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 04:31 PM
timmay70
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey look, it's another b!tch thread in electric on-road! Imagine that!

People will run what they can, where they can. Some clubs only offer rubber tire racing, good for them. Other clubs only offer carpet/foam. So what's the problem already? Are people racing? Good. It's when they aren't that we should start to worry. People aren't giving up racing because there is too many classes to select from.

I started racing at a time that there was only 2 classes to chose from in our local area; 1/12th stock and 1/12th mod. The closest track that did 1/8th onroad was way too far to travel to. I like all the different choices that there are. Still, locally there is only 2 classes to chose from; 1/12th stock and 1/10th stock foam. Only occasionally is there a 19 turn class. Would I like more variety, absolutely.

If you don't like what I posted, you probably were either born with your panties in an knot, or are only looking for something to get upset about. Variety is the spice of life, right? Let people have what they want. If you're a promoter or sponsor, promote and sponsor the classes you would like to see suceed. It's not the big hurdle that everyone makes it out to be.