R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Electric On-Road have too many classes?
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 03:25 PM
bxpitbull
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

This is in response to Rocket42's comment:

all you electric diehards, you guys realy need to stop hating on the gas guys, the gas guys bring in more people than anyone. i had a friend he wanted a r/c car i said get an electric you will have much more fun, well he did and all his friends had gas, well his electric went up for sale and he got a gas truck. last i talked to him he was going back to electric because of the tuning. This is what will happen you have to remember the average joe who sees a r/c car race does not think that your x-ray t2 is any different then the cars they sell at radio shack just faster. so when you tell him how much they cost they freak, would you pay 1k for a r/c car like they sell at radio shack just faster. Most people know if its gas you can't buy it at radio shack that its hobby quality and should cost more. So let these guys go out and get there gas cars, get them to the track and let them watch how easy it is to opperate electric and there gas will be up for sale. But don't hate on them because thats how they got into the hobby.

Well, we will see who thinks what came from where when Toys-R-US starts carrying Hasbro nitro trucks .

That being said, no one is hating on Nitro racing or racers. Our point is the amount of classes in electric that is bringing some lag to electric racing. Personally, nitro better look over their shoulder. In a time sure to come, it will be mixed racing and nitro is going to need a revolution. Li-Po/Li-MN/Li-Ion with brushless is really smacking nitros around locally and when/if (probably never) it catches on, the only class you boys will have is 1/8scale on road...thats until someone does an electric conversion on a serpent 959