R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho KX-One
Thread: Kyosho KX-One
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2003, 04:39 PM
Darkseid
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default First outing

Well I must say that I really enjoyed the car in its first outing. I saw little to no signs of the problematic roll overs I have heard about. I was only .3 secs off the pace I was carrying with my other car. The only time I experienced rollover was in one particular corner where not only my other car, but several other racers' cars also had problems with rolling over. And that corner really wasn't a problem until the A-Main when I chunked one of my rear foams, causing the car to roll if I took the corner to tightly.

I tried the car in a couple different configurations with the same basic set up.

-Rubber tires and stock motor- the car was stable, never getting near rolling over. The rear was a little loose, which was caused by the car having so much steering. Following the advice laid out by one of Kyosho's set up sheets, I dialed my Dual Rate down to 80%. That wasn't quite enough, so I went down to 70%. Better, but not, best. 65% seemed to be just right. Keep in mind that this is on a tight indoor track, yet 65% was more than enough steering.

-Foam tires and stock motor-As DarthVador once said; "all too easy". This was simply too easy. THe speed the stock motor put out was easily handled by the foam tires, which didn't allow me to see any handling problems that might be natural to the car. So on to the next test...

-Foam and mod-Whoooooaaaa baby.....I know I said before that I was going to take it easy and stick with stock until I had purchased some extra parts, but the car was doing so well that I couldn't resist. Ahhh, all the essential rules of running with a one-way quickly popped into my head as the car zipped down the straight and headed into the sweaper. It would have been obvious to anyone watching that I was a little nervous about running the car so fast. I was definitely in caution mode. The foams allowed me to put the dual rate back up to 70% without losing the rearend. The car was stable and only neared roll over in the previously mentioned corner, which seems to have a nack for inducinging such problems. Other than that, it was just a pleasure to drive. Even in caution mode, I still managed to lap only .3 seconds behind a car I've had time to properly set up.

First impressions
As you can tell, I'm quite impressed with the car. It was very well behaved, even on a track where no one else(including the fastest guys) run one ways. I didn't notice the car rolling over anymore than any other car on the track and the car is super effiecient to boot. Allowing my to go a full tooth higher than what I usually run in my shaft car without fear of dumping. Pretty sweet.

I can't say how the car reacts to set up changes, since I haven't tried toying with the set up yet. But, its good to know that no matter what I try, I can always return to the set up I ran today. I also want to try the car with a diff up front, at least for the indoor season.

Anyway....thats about all...

Hopefully, more goodnews to come.