R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - X-Ray T2R
Thread: X-Ray T2R
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 07:59 PM
Desolas

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

so what makes this new car so much more less expensive then the normal one.
- No carbon fiber - topdeck, bottom deck, shock towers. Big savings right there.

- Layshaft is solid .. but that doesn't really matter overall.

- Diffs are composite instead of aluminum, slightly cheaper thrust assembly too, more like a Pro4 diff - not as easy to adjust, with the metal diff you can adjust it without removing the wheel, with the composits you have to remove a wheel and loosen a link just like a Pro4.

- Composite wheel hexes instead of aluminum ones.

- No chassis posts from the top to bottom deck, makes care more flexible and takes probably $30 from the total cost.

- Does not come with tires like the T2 which comes with a set of Jaco foams, so lower kit cost.

...I think that is it. Basically its a smart way for XRAY to blow off some old inventory since the T2'007 is now out.

So if you were building a rubber carpet racer, you'd want a one-way ($50) you'll probably want the stiffer chassis so you need the posts ($30) and you may want a battery strap if taping isn't your think ($40) Other stuff can be added on later as you want to pimp your ride, but for a guy like me who had another one way and extra parts, or someone who races outdoors or foam, it's a cheap way to go.

The one way or multidiff is kind of a moot point though since if you were buying a US release T2 graphite you'd end up buying one still since it doesn't come with one...but its added cost to consider if your thinking of buying one as a carpet rubber car.