R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX-4
Thread: Mugen MTX-4
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 10:32 AM
kidDynomite
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bigboss
hey guys, can u please comment on my front suspension
basically im tryin to get it as low as 4mm, but that means putting the thread right at the top, which therfore means minimum suspension travel (hope it makes sense)

is this right??
boss, you probably don't want to start your run at 4mm. For 5-10min quals, you'll want to have 5-5.25mm ride height (depending on tire wear). If your car feels good at the end of your last qualifying run, without changing your final setup, fine tune it with setup guages. If you didn't hit anything to tweak it, you'll probably just need to mess with droop and/or spring collars. Then you'll need to re-calculate your tire wear for a longer main.

Example: Finished my 4th Q with a 4.5mm rideheight. Car felt dialed at end of that race. Tire wear was pretty bad. Calulated what I would need to run for 30min qualifier. Started Rear Left=64.25/Rear Right=63.5, Front Left=61/Front Right=59.6 ... Slapped them onto my last finishing setup. Starting ride height was around 8.25mm. But at the end of my Main, the car had a 5mm r/h and all the tires were only .25mm off from each other.

Begining of the race, car felt a little slugginsh and rolled a lot, but in the last 10-12min., Car started hooking up and I was able to lay it down harder.

Any specific reason why you need a 4mm front r/h?