R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - If you had 250$ to spend on a kit, what would you buy?
Old 01-31-2003, 11:24 PM
Nightbreed
Tech Addict

Default Trust me and take my advise.

Check this out, you can get a sport TC3 for $150.00. It now comes with light out drives, a race body, bearings and light cvds. It is a race car for half the price and don't let everyone tell you you need a FT TC3 to race.

I use to waste all my money on hop ups. With the money you save just get the IRS aluminum input shafts, Penguin bumper, steering bearings, a heatsink if your racing mod. If your new at racing get some shiny cvds for the front and a aluminum center shaft if you want alittle glitter. That is all you need. Save your money! Trust me, get some good batteries, charger, better servo, and some good race tires.

That is value, not the XXX-S, or the FT TC3. I have both and I wish someone would have told me this long ago. If you got to have a TF car, search the sale forum and buy a used one. I just sold my TF TC3 for at a steal price. I got a XXX-S G-plus. I am going to try it out, but I can see myself going back and getting what I mentioned above.

Last edited by Nightbreed; 01-31-2003 at 11:28 PM.