R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tuning problems with a 12TR anybody???
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2003, 12:43 AM
falcon68
Tech Apprentice

Default Tuning problems with a 12TR anybody???

How's it going,

I recently bought a .12 TR from O.S. I got it because of it's great reviews and awesome power potential. I have gotton it broken in and it's done nothing but dissapoint me from the start. It has no power. I drove it tonight in about 40 degree weather and I couldn't get rid of a hellacios bog. A friends novarossi was doing the same exact thing. it sounded like it was running out of fuel. When I richened it, it never got any better. I went through about a 3 turn range from VERY rich, to borderline lean. The engine never got better no matter what I did.

I'm not a beginner either. I have a Picco P-12 and a Picco P-15 and tune them with no problems. I also run an O.S. .15rx with no problems. Not to mention a multitude of CV's and SS's. I'm out of ideas here and need some input. Here's the vitals

Engine being run in a HPI NRS4-2
Racer 2 tank (primerless)
O.S. Header and O.S. T-1030 pipe
Have tried a Mccoy mc-59 and an os R5
engine running around 230 degrees (when running)
Traxxas 20%fuel ( I was out of my regular 20% monster fuel)

I've inspected for fuel induction system problems such as air or dirt and have found no reasons for concern. The Humidity was 89% in 41 degree weather so the air quality was pretty poor to say the least. I think this could be my biggest problem for tonight.
However the overall power seems to be down. I'm wondering if my expectations were a bit too high after getting used to the power of a Picco. Either one of my Picco cars (P-12 or P-15) with the same gearing would suck the paint off the TR with little effort. Maybe I De-graded to the TR after all?????
If someone can tell me otherwise with a fair amount of certainty I'm all ears.... but for now, this TR sucks.
Anyone having tuning problems from Their TR??