R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Bore vs Stroke vs Displacement
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 09:34 PM
EdwardN
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaRollaRacer
If you look at mxwrench's comparisons of the JP and the TOP, they're similar to what Axial's results were for the respective engines. Assuming both Axial and mxwrench's dynoing methods are similar because of these results, we see that the Novarossi LS3, Sirio Evo 3 and the Orion Wasp are more powerful.

Dave
Why do you think that is all listed motors above more powerfull? Because HP numbers is higher. Let me explane to you how the dyno results calculated. HP numbers comming from torq multiply on RPM (where max torq was read) and multitply on some coeficient, I think it is .53. So if you look on the number right then you will find it is not what it looke like. Please keep in mind that our clutch usualy engaged at about 28-29 K RPM, so please look which engine has more torq at taht RPM and how you have to set up other engines to get the same torq, Also look which engine has more torq on the end of curv it will show you how engine will keep pulling on end of straight. So after analizing all this points you will understand that it doesn't look like just pure numbers. Remember HP sell engines, torq wins the races.
So if you want to make your decision-chose for your self-is this modded or stock then you have choice in modded and stock engines.
BTW, Axial motors 2 nd place on winternats and it was running against one of moddifyed engines from your list (literaly) and won it, PreNats 1 st place, Texas Biggie TQ and won etc-I don't have time to list everything. If engine is not powerfull how is that happened?