R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - lrp brushless esc
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 05:59 AM
AdrianM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Does the Sphere Comp have a thermal overload sensor for the motor in the hall sensor? I smoked a 4300 over the weekend at 256* F. I ran back to back classes and assumed the speedo would shut everything down before the motor overheated. Perhaps that only applies to the ESC on the Sphere comp as the esc was only 130* F. I took the 4300 apart and cant remove the rotor. It rotates with a significant increase in resistance. I was in the middle of a race and the motor just slowed and slowed so I thought my li-po was at its end. I stopped the car at the side of the track and tried to go again just a bit to get the car to me and it wouldn't even budge at that point. Any thoughts?
The Novak motors have a temp sensor in the motor. The GTB reads this signal on the blue wire. LRP motor do not have an internal temp sensor so the Spheres dose not have this function. If you overgear a Novak motor on a Sphere you can certainly hurt it.

Running back to back until you run out of batteries is not a problem if you are geared right. The motor will build heat to a certain point and stay there. If you motor gets hotter and hotter throughout the run and never levels off you are overgeared.