R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada
Old 09-18-2006, 10:07 PM
BigDaddyT
Tech Addict

Could have been..... there were some black cans spotted in a couple of pits at the race.

The motor was very good. My driving was a bit suspect, however......

The good news is that Phil Cady from the IROCC club in Victoria piloted the other prototype X Stock into the A main and landed 6th overall with it:

6 Phil Cady 96/97/94 = 193

Definitely a competitive motor with the right driver behind it.

What I noticed at the race was that power delivery was notably smooth with the X, but you really needed to keep it rolling nicely to stay in the power band.

On the track in Kamloops, both Phil and I landed at approximately a 7.3 final drive ratio.

All in all, I'm feeling pretty confident that I learned enough about the motor running it for the weekend. Final tuning/specs are just about set and there is a batch that will be ready to ship as soon as I finish up the tweaks based on the lessons learned at the track.

On an unrelated note - new 4200's are going to be available around September 25. Anyone that was waiting for them - just fire me an e-mail and I'll set them aside for you. I will have a good initial order containing both 6 cell and 4 cell team and club packs. First come, first served!