R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya Direct Drive Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 07:34 AM
NiMo
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Philip Henzog
Hi, Am I the only one running the f103gt to experiance inside front wheel lifting?. I am running inside at trackside (milwaukee Wis) on high grip carpet and this lifting can be kept to a minimum by only doing the inside 1/2 of the front tires with jack the gripper tire additive BUT should this lifting be happening at all?.
The car is stock (o ring on back and washer on front of t bar )supension setup ,excpt for heatsink motorpod side (Tamiya part) and Tamiya hop up shock 40 weight oil .Take off 27 tires are being used .I tryed the purple thick trinity grease for dampner but that dosnt seem to help either. Also I am running th 2005 nsx Raybrig body but I have also tryed the protoform Stratus with same results. I can live with it this way but the car would be a lot more fun with out the inside wheel lifting at all. Thanks in advance for your help, Oh ya I also bought the Corage Mugan kit to use for backup parts. I to am a little leary about running the body . I maybe will waiit for the march 2007 Tamiya race at trackside to run the Corage body , Hopefully there will be a class for these cars next year.
I have tried running the Dodge 3.0 and the Cadillac CTS and both would see the car swap ends going in to the fastest corner if I didn't back off early, but the Courage shell allows me to take this corner flat and in total control, and it looks so cool on the track.
Only question I have is - why did it take me so long (5 weeks) to use the Courage shell