R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BRIAN KINWALD JOINS X-FACTORY
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 06:08 PM
Jim Hughes
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
I doubt anyone will be able to get one to work at my track. Forward bite is the key here and I dont think that thing will be able to get anywhere against a conventional car. On a track that is hooked up where you need a car to rotate well, the X-5 may just be the ticket.
This is in no way a flame so lets discuss this a bit. There is alot more to forward bight then a weight at the rear of your chasis just like steering not being from the weight at the front of your car. notice how associated losi have been moving there motors further forward each generation. how about willie cars putting all the weight near the rear? no argument you have to have some weight there but i really doubt that without it in the position of a weely car that it will not have forward bight. there are sooo many things that give you your traction, forward bight and rotation. ie camber links toe in anti squat pro squat lowering or hiegtening transmission, hubs forward or back the list goes on and on. i really dont believe without the weight there anything will be missed other then the car will be more planted, handle bumps better and without a doubt fly better. one last point then i gtg but how about gas trucks? that big ass motor is in front of your tranny in them eventhough they have a little counter weight by the battery packs it still has the motor onboard and the counter weight battery is in no way equal to the weight of a motor, and any gas truck i ever owned weelied like a mfer lol