R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya Direct Drive Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 08:05 AM
MrBlack
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by alang
I just picked up one of these cars today and have yet to even really look at it but I did notice the rims saying +2 offset. When you tried the 24mm BBS rims did you get them with this offset or did you add spacers? Any other tips you would like to share on setup for this car would be great. Thanks.
Yes I used these rims without any spacers as they have the perfect fitment with the Courage body as is. I did however use RP36 tires and Orion Medium Inserts. The chassis with the Courage body and RP36 has a big improvement on grip (outdoor asphalt) from using a Mazda 6 TC body and Tamiya tires.

We had a GT class a few years back for Pan cars up to 200mm wide, it started of good with Dodge Vipers, Corvettes, Camaro's, GT40, Honda NSX etc, but 4 months down the line the wedges appeared, 2 months later the class was dead, and we are just unable to revive it because they remember what happened last time.
This further proves part of my theory, that what was one of the best things about TC was the realistic looking cars. THis is now all but done now with the current "NASCAR car of tomorrow" looking body shells. The cars get less realistic > less people find them intresting > less new drivers to replace the one's that move on > TC dies. Yes it is really that simple.

The insane cost of an aluminum/graphite wonder bot along with all the gadgets to get your Batteriesnd motors just right do not help either.

"Friend's don't let friends run wedges."