R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RoachRacing
I would like to get everyone’s opinion on this. I have been looking at setup sheets and I have an issue with how the arm spacing is noted on the sheet. for this sheet as an example:

http://www.rc10.com/racerhub/setup/r...o_dhi_2006.pdf
Hey guys, hope I can help a bit with this. The first thing to look at is the pictures of the arms and arm mounts. In the front, the view is from the front of the car so you can see which arm mount holes to select. In the rear, the view is from the rear of the car, again so you can see which arm mount holes to select.

For the arm spacing in the front, the shims correspond to the way the front arms are laid out. So on the above setup, there are 3 shims behind the arm and zero in front.

For the arm spacing in the rear, the shims correspond to the way the rear arms are laid out. So on the above setup, there are 3 shims in front of the arm.

I know this can be a bit confusing, but as long as you look at the picture of the arms and arm mounts it should be a bit easier to understand.

For those of you racing rubber tire touring car at the IIC, I would suggest the setup I've attached to this post. It is the setup that Juho used at the LRP race this past year and finished 3rd.

The one thing we did last year that we normally don't do for rubber tires on carpet was to run a one-way in the front. It's probably advisable to start with the spool, but make sure you have a one-way with you as well. Also, make sure you glue the sidewalls of your front tires to reduce traction rolling and over steering. Additionally, note the body. The Ride MKIII is a neutral body for rubber tire racing. It has less steering than the Mazda 6, so if you can't get one of those perhaps try a Stratus 2.0.

If anyone has any questions at the race, don't hesitate to come up to the Associated table and ask. We will have some drivers using the prototype belt car, but others will be using the FT TC4 as well.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
TC4 FT - Juho 2006 LRP TCM.pdf (438.1 KB, 600 views)