R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 10:46 PM
odpurple
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RaceBucks
I've wondered this myself.
Not for racing, but for letting beginners get into 12th, I was considering running a airplane 1800 LiPo 7.4v with a Mabuchi - very cheap. Esentially the same set up as a M03 Mini Cooper but in a low CG, light weight, foam wheel car. Not rediculous high speed, but slower and light weight to save tires, cheap batteries, cheap speed contoller, emphasis on running good lines.

Any thoughts?
Funny you guys should mention it, I just drove a lipo 1/12th car today. It was a 12L4 with a 10 turn in it. Sorry I don't know much about lipos so I can't tell you what type and how many cells, but the owner said it was 7.4 volts. The car was so fast it was almost undrivable. Everyone who drove it was grinning ear to ear it was so much fun. I think it needed some throttle or esc adjustments because just touching the throttle would cause the car to leap forward, slow corners required careful modulation to negotiate them. You could hit the straight and with less than half throttle go faster than anything else on the track, then half way down punch it and it would spin the tires until the shut off point. It was so much fun i almost peed my pants