R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2006, 11:05 PM
Justinian
Tech Apprentice

This is a pretty long thread, so I'll ask this here instead of trying to search for this...

Has anyone on this forum used a MaxAmps 7.4 Saddle pack lipo in a 12th scale?? I have a CRC T Fource and I'm thinking about purchasing a 6 cell chassis for it and using that lipo pack.

a) Does the reduced weight of the lipo make the car's handling unstable and perhaps undrivable (These things seem twitchy already... I can't imagine how they'd handle with up to a third less weight ..)???

2) How tight is the electronics fit when using this pack?? I utilize a GTX speedo, mini servo (not a micro, ultra small one), and a JR 310 receiver.

3) I would like to see if I can race this setup in our 19 turn class . However, while the other racers would be using a 4 cell IB4200/ 19 turn motor combo, I would use a 7.2 lipo, P2K stock motor (with an Orion V2 stock motor endbell) combo..... I'm guessing, weight differences not withstanding, that my combo would probably have more power and thus be deemed illegal by my fellow racers.... what do you think???

I'm just tired of running nimhs.. out of six 4 cell matched IB3800 packs, only 3 are operating at full capacity after 3 months of racing...the other three packs have bad cells .. I do hit things quite hard with that car, so that may account for some of it ... But I really like the Orion lipos I'm running in offroad, and was hoping that I could utilize that technology in 12th scale..

Any thoughts??