R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF415
Thread: Tamiya TRF415
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2006, 02:35 AM
TRF415boy
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DOMOisCOOL
I might've found the issue with my car not accelerating correctly.

First, I have a one way up front and a locked center pulley. Whenever I full throttle then apply full brakes, the car doesn't spin out. From my understanding, with a one way, at least it should spin out or loose traction a little, but mine just acts like it has a diff. up front. It stops, then makes this weird decelerating noise.

If anyone can diagnose the exact problem that'd be great.
could be that your one way is busted. The wheel should turn freely when making them turn forward, and be locked in the other. If you can turn the wheels whilst trying to turn them backwards and holding the spur (and the front belt doesn't move) then your one way is slipping and it's probably busted.

However you could also have a hubs bearings issue, that would make the one way feel like it's not free, and the noise aswell, same with the bearings that hold the one way in the hubs. As a matter of fact, check all your bearings.

To know if you've put the one way the wrong way around just check that the heads of the screws holding the two pieces of the one way together are facing the battery side of the car.