R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Help a beginner ?
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 06:13 AM
Oasis
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sturat5150
ok, so if its a buggy then there are lots to choose from. How about a lil input on the buggies. Jammin, Mugen, Kyosho???? and which model?

I made the mistake of buying a xxt and 5 weeks later found that all parts are discontinued. I don't want to make that mistake again.
I feel your pain... On the buggies their are so many out their right now it is hard to make a choice, or at least one that you can live with. I think if you sift through all the "hype" the three that you listed would be at the top of any ones list. The Mugen and Kyosho are both proven performers...but at a price. The Kyosho is $ 750 with no motor, the Mugen Prop spec is $ 640 with no motor. Really great cars but by the time it's all said and done you will have $ 1100 or more invested... The Jammin is not what I would call cheap either, The FT version is $ 520 with no motor, the Pro is $ 480. The better deal on the Ofna's is the Hyper 8 pro, still not cheap at $ 420 but for a pro level buggy it's not bad, It can and has competed at the same level as the Kyosho and Mugen but at a better price. Their are a few other buggies out their worth a look but questionable parts support here in the US would make them a no look for me...That's the Xrays and The CEN. My choice would be the Hyper 8 Pro with an OS VZB, Nice combo. Not the fastest motor, not the most expensive buggy but you would be more than competitive at any level. If your going to buy a used off road anything be very very careful, Photos can not really show bent, worn, or some of the other damage that off road racing or bashing can do to a car or truck...Your idea of "clean" may not be the same as the person who's selling the car/truck to you.