View Single Post
Old 01-28-2003, 06:19 AM
fastharry™
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by finchy
Hey bbntc3,

You're absolutly right AE could do a lot better, there online service in my opion is shit. I run a Ntc3 at my club in Australia and it's a fast car but it has taken me 3-4 months to get a decent and competetive setup for the car. Recently I asked the AE NTC3 forum about the pressure nipple the factory drivers put in their exhaust pipes, what advantage this causes, and the answer from AE was "because they wanted that fitting there". I say that's crap, Factory drivers don't do stuff like that for looks. The car has faults that's fine why don't AE admit it. The other subject about breaking shock towers, diff gears, etc. I've have personally had no problems with breakages besides fuel tanks ( 4 infact) all which split along the seam, once again after emailing AE all they could say was stop hitting the boards. Now this is not the first nitro touring car I've owned or raced , AE might have the the current world title, but I can bet the cars the Factory Drivers have is not the same as what you get of the hobby store shelf.

heres how I solved that tank problem.......I just stopped the muffler from hitting it....I used a small roll pin....bit any piece of steel would do....Take the roll pin,drill a tiny hole in the support,and put in in at an angle.....Make believe that teh bracket will slide over in a hit,and position teh pin so it won't....take a little CA,glue it it,and your done.....After this mod,I've gotten hit so hard,it dented my RE muffler,but it never hit teh tank....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	chass.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	8401  

Last edited by fastharry™; 01-28-2003 at 06:21 AM.