R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Silver Can Motor Tips/Tricks
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 05:51 AM
Professor
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gazza726
i was recenty in the mid north coast owtlaw challenge.. i ran stock but i had to have a look at the 540 class and there was an old guy runi a bmi tc3 in the 540 class and i never seen a 540 car go so fast.. so i asked him wat he was doin to his silver cans and he told me cleaner is faster.. he was syin he dips his motors in water to clean them out then sprays wd40 in them then dips them in water with the wd40 in the motor then dips again in fresh water to rinse and bench runs it for 5 mins then cleans the com with metho.. i have tried this on an old johson 540 i had and it is notacbly faster and its leagal coz u dont open the can but just remeber cleaner is faster...
yeh i race with this guy evey week in seniors class & he is usally on the money,but for the outlaw meeting he also had brand new matched 4200 batt packs,which until i puchaced 4200"si didnt think made that much difference over 3800"s,hence 540 has now become a battery war, because it is so competative if you dont have 4200"s or better it is harder to run at the pointy end on a regular basis
but i do agree cleaner is faster