R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - what happems when brushless takes over?
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 04:27 PM
burbs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Personally when it first came out i dint like it.. But now i do.. WHY?? because it has helped racing.. At least oval racing it has.. We have more people now having fun then ever before.. No more complaining about getting beat by someone who tweaks a better motor.. It has also helped people get faster.. WHY?? because they work on there setup more instead of worrying about motors..

The BRL series (Brushless Racing League) is doing very well.. They held an oval race last year, and they had 90 guys show up for it.. 90 guys in one class shooting for the title.. I didnt make it but i heard it was awesome.. Imagine no lathes, no weekly brush bill, no com drops.. No dyno's or motor break in equipment..

Most of the guys here, have not taken the motor out of the car in months.. They have not lost any performance either..

We use to have 3-4 classes with 3-5 people in each class.. Now we have 2 classes, with brushless being the largest.. It puts more fun back into racing, when your racing 20 people insteadof three..

The nova 13.5 has been being tested here lately.. It is very similar to stock.. i little faster, but not much.. I think it will be great for spec classes, or newbie classes.. The guys who dont know about motor tweaking, or justdont have the money to buy all the equipment associated with motor tuning..

I dont wish loss of business on any company, but i personally think eventually it will take over..

Also as far as sanctioning bodies go, they can not be depended on to form new rules.. Around here, everytone set a standard set of rules that works.. It has worked very well, withno ill effects.. If the bodies dont conform to helping the classes grow, i doubt people will even follow them.. Just look around at what th largest races are.. Moslty non sanctioned events..

For the touring guys who are worried about going 4 cell, the brushless motors and 4 cell will make your speeds alot faster then brushed and 4 cell.. maybe not so much in mod, but in 19t and stock the motors have more rip..