R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pantoura, 1/10 Pan Car, 2S LiPo, Brushless, Tips and Tricks.
Old 09-02-2006, 03:41 PM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Pro-ten Holland- Thanks. I have the setup complete on the car.

Servo Spacers and tie rod clearance cut
Here is a picture of the slightly modified front end and servo mounts. I made a slight clearance bevel on the lower A-arm right where the square part of the tie rod would contact it near full lock. I used a truck tie rod end on the inside of the supplied front tie rods to make them long enough. I used a Heavy duty Kimbrough servo saver that fits the high torque KO digital servo. Bump steer is eliminated with no washers under the steering block ballstuds. I cut my long 8x32 screws to .760 inch long for a full purchase in the lower arm. The supplied screws were too short. 3/4 inch screws would be perfect as well. I used the body post body stop spacers (no washers) under the lower A-arms to achieve the correct ride height.

I received my flanged front wheel bearings which are not supplied in the kit.

Sphere High Temperature Cooling Kit
I ordered and installed the high temperature kit for the LRP Sphere speed control. It consist of the little fan that you can see in a picture above and also a larger capacitor that is soldered directly to the battery lead solder connections on the speed control. I still need to install it. First practice session next week if weather permits.

Spurs
I have a 96 tooth 48 pitch spur. it's too large (about 1/16 inch). The slots could be elongated to make the motor fit, but one of the tripple motor solder tabs will then contact the damper tube on bump. Maximum seems to be about 86 or 90 tooth. My TC3 spurs will fit. I curently have a 72 tooth installed with a 12 tooth pinion. I need to get a couple bigger spurs.

Later:I rotated the motor counter clockwise so that the solder tabs were close to the T-plate and not the damper tube. This and a small amount of dremmeling of the T-plate allowed the 96 tooth spur to fit. I put a small bevel on the motor where it would contact the damper tube on bump. This gave me full suspension travel.

Thanks all for your help up to this point. It speeded up the work.
John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tie Rod Clearance Trim 004 Resized .jpg
Views:	644
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	165092  

Last edited by John Stranahan; 09-06-2006 at 09:10 AM.