R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kawada SV10 Sigma
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2003, 10:53 AM
fomoco90
Tech Adept

Default imataquito

Originally posted by imataquito
forgot to add... removing the centre bulkhead wll also give better place to work with for placing batts .... with the centre bulkhead its real tight on space

also fomoco......
try to gear the kawadas slightly longer ... (more top end less acceleration and torque)
its because of the nature of the car very torquey and smooth

if u gear like other cars u mite have too much torque to keep ur rear end planted !!!! thats is IF u dun have enuff grip

but even if u do ... why slow down when u can speed up .... and make it easier to drive
If you don't mind I would like to call you imato (if yo udon't mind, that is)
Just had a race day, went good in TQ, third, ripped my servo teeth had to replace them, so missed first race session
Second one wen tto my surprised and led the race for 5 laps, till I misjudged a turn and took forever for the marshals to put me back on the track
Still ended up third.

Now to get to the point: I just realised that I am geared to high, BUT how Do i gear longer, just spur gear or only pinion or .... both?? How i realized it, well when cming out of each turn the car tends to break out( too turqey-oeps torquey??)

Imato you said to get to 5.0(midle between 4.8-5.5), so this mean I'll be descending to 112/110 and 42/44?? That's another investment coming up. Used 112 and 40 and the engine went near too hot to touch. But on the long straights I pulled away from the other guys so I guess, well I don't guess anymore you tell me, please should I still gear longer or keep it as is, but running the chance of falming up the motor??

As for wheelbase (wb) it's the standard wb, but the things are already cutt off (to suit my Volvo body).