Thread: Serpent 720
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 05:06 PM
fastharry™
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by soc123_au
Fast Harry, are you running a front diff or oneway? I run weekly on a car park set up with less than perfect grip. I have found the 720 to be OK in high speed sweepers. The only changes to stock set up for this track are 10000 rear diff oil, 80000 front oil, upper shock mounts lowest hole in tower front & rear, front bar 45 degrees, optional steering akerman - long. 37s all round 62mm rear 61mm front & last but not least Mazda 6 body(protoform). Our straight is about 60metres long into a fast 90 degree right hand sweeper. I give the brakes a jab going in & it pulls through nicely. It would be better with a oneway on this corner but the rest of the track lends it self to the diff.

ron was running the stock set up.....which he said was 60,000 front,30,000 rear.......

personally,I don't care how it runs..as long as its tunable(which it was)...the only reason I got on this whole bandwagon is I drove a 710 2 weeks ago and fell in love with that centax 3 clutch...(the r4o clutch pales in comparison)......

I just don't think I can get the car race ready(turnable) in 3 weeks.....