R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - anyone here mix thier own fuel?
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 02:58 PM
apollo
Tech Adept

so whats up guys, i just ran my first mini batch of fuel, not bad at all, 10% castor oil, 20% nitro and well, you can figure the 70% left is methanol

at first it was slightly stubborn to start, then once it was running it was rough, i had to lean the hsn out over a full turn to get good power, and temps around 230, BUT, it was very humid, has just rained, and i was running in my yard that needs mowing so i couldnt get full results, plus the air filter was really dirty, i figure once i get it all cleaned up and its nice and sunny outside it should run fine, it wants to rev up really quicky from all the power, but i couldnt put it all to the ground due to my stupid slipper pad (more on order) and i was thinking of using 2% synthetic oil and maybe see how it tunes then, thought about selling some to people i know

also, will running 100% castor oil kill plugs faster or make them foul faster? and should i run a hotter plug? thanks

also, i have a 5 gallon just of the M3 methanol, its quite hard to pour from without loosing half of what you are pouring, any tips here? or will it be alot easier when it gets lower? thanks

Sean