R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 07:36 AM
Pro ten Holland

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thedigler
Hey guys I'm a 1/12 scale newb, just ordered a Carpet Knife.I have a few questions to ask you all. OK here goes:

1) any building tips and tricks other than the ones on Lufaso's site and Mark Payne's site?
2) I've seen most cars have the graphite servo saver brace, is this needed?
3) what type of servo saver should i get....im thinking of getting the futaba 9602 servo so i would need one that fits this servo--also on a tight carpet track should i mount it on the chassis or with the angled mounts
4) the GTX speedo is there any fit issues with this?
5) I have the grey spektrum reciever, are there any fit issues with it or compatablity issues with the 9602 or the GTX
6) after reading many pages of this thread i see that alot of you guys use the 16ga wire for the GTX from castle creations. Is this neccessary for the Carpet Knife or will the stock wire from the GTX work
7) Lastly are there any must have items for the car that are needed, hop ups different arms etc.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, any help is appreciated greatly.

The Digler
1)make sure verything moves without binding and seal the edges of the carbon pieces with CA.
2)not neccessary, just makes your servo saver survive impacts better
3)the 9602 is fine servo. Kimbrough makes the industry's standard servo savers. there's probably one included in the kit
4)no problems
5)should work fine
6)not absolutely neccessary. just make sure the rear pod's movement is free
7)just aquire some side springs in different weights. the car comes with all you want out of the box (if you get the red version)