R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BEWARE!! Hotbodies Cyclone for less than $100!!
Old 08-29-2006, 02:55 PM
sharkman
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pinggoy
i also had experience something like this, but i was the seller .i put my ps2 on auction and somebody without any feedback contact me and told me he will buy it. but he got a condition. he will send me a money order( with was from walmart) he send it through mail but he didnt put his address. he told me he will send $1500 (i put a buy it now price for my ps2 for $400) and told me to after i cash the money order i will send the rest of the money back to hi, he said to just take $500 for my item and send the $1000 back. it was too good to be true but i just ride with his scam. when the money order came in. i call the number at the back of the money order to check the validity and it was no longer valid. it was just a wast of time for him. he spend money to ship it and he didnt get anything. . i dont know what his motive is.

His motive was for you to think that you were going to get $500 for your ps2 and not $400. So you would run out and cash the mo and send him the $1000.
you would be liable for the $1500 when the mo bounced and he would get his $1000 and your ps2.

If it is too good to be true then it is more then likely a scam.