View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 10:26 AM
"The Maestro"
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Sparx
Yes it is plastic, reason is probably that it's a bit lighter than aluminium OR that they want to sell more expensive hop ups
The bulkheads were actually up for discussion one or two pages back so you could check that out.....

Thanks for your fast response. I will check a few pages back, but I still expect a response from someone on the Kyosho/Kyosho America R&D team to explain.

As for selling hop ups, I don't think we need to get into the cost of all the new TC's here, but it seems as if all the companies are trying to get a 100% ROI on the first kit they sell.

I disagree that they (plastic blukhead pieces) are as precise as aluminum. The plastic is most likely injection molded. This process has some inherent precision issues and is difficult to replicate time after time to the tolerances needed for the bulkheads of a TC. My guess is that it might be a futile effort to have a more impact resistant or resilient material that "won't tweak" on impact? Am I out of line here? In any case, I think the variations that are produced during the injection molding process could pre-tweak the car and make this one a destined loser.

Sorry Kyosho, you pulled up lame on this one. I was really looking forward to adding this stallion to my stable. But until I hear some public explanation about the plastic bulk head pieces - I am putting this horse out to pasture - and potentially putting it down in a humane fashion.