R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-Evolution III
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2003, 12:43 AM
SpeedTech
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

I finally organized and update the website with a section for the EVOIII. Some parts are interchangeable with F201 and 414M2, but if they are listed in the EVOIII section, that means they'll work. If I made a mistake, please let me know (it should be pretty accurate, I was looking through the manual when I updated the pages)

Update on the Ti-screws:

Some what of a mixed fortune here. I have access to the following:

Tamiya Screws and Titanium Racing Screws have the following sizes available:

3x8mm Counter Sunk Machine (Hex)
3x16mm Counter Sunk Machine (Hex)
3x8mm Button Head Machine (Hex)
3x10mm Button Head Machine (Hex)

Tamiya Screws:
3x8mm Button Head Tapping Screws (Phillips)
3x10mm Button Head Tapping Screws (Phillips)

I wasn't able to locate any Tapping screws that uses Hex type wrench. And there are quite a bit of Tapping Screws on the EVOIII. I don't think you guys want a mix of Phillips and Hex type screws. Also, I'm a little bit concerned about using machine screw in areas where you're suppoe to use Tapping screws. Because of the fine threads on the machine screw, you can easily strip the plastic part by overtightening.

Lastly, my take on the TCS rules regarding the EVOIII: Tamiya should really Unify and have one set of rules for all regions of TCS. It will help push all their cars and increase the popularity of the series in general. As racers, you can try and push the organizers to change the rules. Initially the 414MII were not legal for TCS here in the States, but I think the racers was able to talk Tamiya USA into legalizing the cars. It didn't make everyone happy (especially those with decked out TA04R) but in the long run we have more people running at the TCS and more and more people are getting interested in running TCS and Tamiya's line of cars

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com