R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MRX-4R
Thread: Mugen MRX-4R
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 12:23 PM
Corse-R
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by asw7576
Hahaha...... you know that I was using buggy engine ( RB WS7-3 ) for my first ride ( used mrx3 ). The engine is dead now. One of the engine mounting is rip out and I can see the crankshaft It happened during final, the car flew and landed on asphalt with the head on. Bamm !!! that's it !! ......bye bye a brand new engine.
Buy a brand new crankcase along the bearings and you'll continue using that engine, been there, done that.

Originally Posted by asw7576
For my new ride I settled with Novarossi 35 plus 21. I couldn't be happier

As for my Hyper8, I have to buy another WS7-3 again.
Uhm... very nice engine. As a suggestion, get the monoblock engine mount as starters (before getting other option parts - no bling).

I've been playing with the clutchbells just to balance them for a given pinion cluster (on the past weekends saw 3 .21's blowing the crankshaft end due to unbalanced clutcbells) and scared a little.

Got access to harmonic balancer and what was my surprise to see that all the clutchbells were severely imbalanced (the small hole to adjust the clutch is the main culprit). Balanced a pair of them and looks like this (don't take into account that used some old clutchbells for the test, looks bad but theorically are way better than new):
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2115-res.JPG
Views:	262
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	163405