R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya "Suzuki Swift 3HRs Endurance Challenge"
Old 08-23-2006, 08:03 PM
foampervert
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

This is cool, everyone is contributing ideas.

Actually, how about a 2 man team then. that way, it should take teams longer to build and those who can build fast have an advantage of tracktime.
also, there will be less people.
20 teams will be just 40 people, pretty much like a regular race turnout.
and BK's track is actually quite big, ima sure it can accormodate 20 cars going at it.
If own batteries are allowed, then we will have to limit the number of batteries to say.... 3 packs? teams can use any mah batteries (team owned) and any motor that they buy on the actual race day (but they are limited to only 1 motor purchase, so if they buy a crazy hot motor, they have to stick with it for the duration of the race)

tires can be changed but all must be bought and assembled on race day.

parts can be bought to repair car, also on race day. no pre-prepared parts.

-alexander

Originally Posted by Nov
I'm rather new to the 1/10 world, so forgive me if I say anything wrong...

For the F103GT, I find it abit hard for most of us to setup the car then run the car...I guess only 1-3 teams can manage the 2 hrs mark for setting up the car...
As for the batteries, I guess if NiMH are allowed...The longer charging time will only depend on whether the drivers want it to be fully charged or charged at 2400mAh...Then its either they want longer runtime to clock laps or just charge-run-charge-run type of thing...This way, the batteries can be used and not 'dumped' cos we dun like NiCDs...

The difference in ESC has made the race not so fair to me...

For the M chassis, the rally is a good idea...But 20-30 teams might result in insufficient space for setup and there is a possibility that there will be around 20 cars on the track...Not a really nice place to jump into for the marshallers who want to get the car out...

Well, these are my thoughts...Cheers ppl!