R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya "Suzuki Swift 3HRs Endurance Challenge"
Old 08-22-2006, 06:10 PM
foampervert
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default erm... its not quantity...

Dear Alfie,

I see what you are trying to bring across. do keep in mind that it doesn't matter if the team has 10 chargers, a 3300mah pack will still take about 45 mins to charge. Of cos, having more chargers will help the team. The reason for not using higher amp batteries is attributed to the charge timre required per battery, not to actual number of chargers the team might possess. i mean if you limit the team to just 3 packs, there really is no use having 4 chargers, is there? then again, the point of limiting teams to store purchased packs just prior to the race is to ensure a more level playing ground. otherwise teams prepared with matched packs, lipos, cold fusion... will just trump everyone else.

both the f103 and M chassis class should be able to drag out the power for a battery, especially if kit motors are used (this may not apply if the "any" motor rule should apply) and the 2400mah packs will give the teams a chance to properly charge the packs as they charge faster.

then again, i suppose if batteries are sponsored, this may be less an issue.

-alexander

Originally Posted by Alfie
As you have already stated that the race consist of a few drivers in a team, that also means that if one of each driver in the team contribute 1 charger, there would be 4 chargers on the table.

2400 are like 6 to 8 years old and was long replaced by the NiMH packs.

With 4 chargers (let's say 4 chargers, in this case), there's nothing to worry about. I agree with you on the longer charging time for the higher capacity ones, but 3300 & 3700 isn't a lot of difference.

UNLESS you are saying that there should be 1 charger PER team, situation will go accordingly to what you have in mind.

I'm quite interested in the M class though.

Just my thoughts,
Alfie